Frankfort Alumnae Chapter, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. will be awarding up to four (4) scholarships this year.
One scholarship, in the amount of $500.00, will be awarded to a member of Alpha Pi Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Up to three (3) $500.00 scholarships are available for any female student graduating high school from the Frankfort/Franklin County Area or participating in the Youth Leadership Academy who will be attending any College or University in the United States, Fall of 2023.
Deadlines to submit application are:
Dr. Gertrude C. Ridgel Scholarship - April 18, 2023
Community Scholarship - April 30, 2023
The scholarships are:
- The "Dr. Gertrude C. Ridgel Scholarship" for a a member of Alpha Pi in good standing who is attending Kentucky State University in the Fall 2023.
- The Community Scholarship for a graduating high school senior, who will be attending a college or university in Kentucky or anywhere in the United States in the Fall 2023.
Application Guidelines for the 2023-2024 Community Scholarship are listed below:
- Scholarship applicants must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5. Electronic copy of official high school transcript must be emailed with application.
- A letter of recommendation must be received from a school official or an organization supporting community service (e.g. Church Outreach, Red Cross, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Salvation Army, Relay for Life, March of Dimes, etc.)
- Applicants will be required to write and submit an original essay minimum of 250 words, describing applicant’s aspirations, goals, financial needs and community service.
- Applications must be received by the deadline date.
Click the scholarship link below to download the requirements and applications.
Dr. Gertrude C. Ridgel Scholarship - submission deadline April 18, 2023
Community Scholarship - submission deadline April 30, 2023